Charles S. Low Memorial Library
Introduction To The Library
The Charles S. Low Memorial Library is one of the largest private libraries in the country, dedicated to preserving Scottish history, customs, music, literature, and promoting genealogical studies. It contains over 1,900 books (some dating back to the early 1800s), audio and visual material, our Society Archives, and is the home of the Scottish Genealogical Collection. The Library also sponsors Scottish lectures and presentations.
The Library’s mission is to support the Society’s goals by collecting, preserving, and making available material and presentations that encourage the love of Scotland through its history, customs, music, and literature in a Setting worthy of its members.
Goals to implement the mission statement:
- Conservation of Material
- Safe Guarding of Material
- Securing for Future Generations
The Library is located within the Kilgour Scottish Centre, Home of the St. Andrew’s Society of Detroit.
2363 Rochester Road, Troy, MI 48083-1951
The 3rd Saturday of every month. We invite you to drop in from 10:30 to 3:30 PM pm or by appointment.
The 2nd & 4th Thursdays from 10:30 to 3:30 PM
Also by appointment.
Julie Bartoy, Ann Brown, Maryann Clark, Marge Cowan, Sharon Cross, Faith Frederick, Nan Fromm, Irene Hall, Stuart Kennedy, Maureen Lipovsky, Cathy McCullough Les, Nancy Waters, and Dennis Clements (Chair).
Honorary Members: Dick Fromm. Contributors: Linda Davenport and Diane Raymond.