Site Meter
SASD Detroit Scots
More

ABOUT US

Thumbnail
(click image)


Founded in 1849, St. Andrew's Society of Detroit is the oldest benevolent organization in the State of Michigan. Our mission is to providing assistance to fellow Scots and to encourage the love of Scotland through its history, customs, music, literature and national games.

Although the Society has sold its historic Hall in downtown Detroit, members still have a very concrete link to the past when they sign the original membership register, first used in 1849.

Thumbnail
(click image)
Thumbnail
(click image)

St. Andrew's Society of Detroit graciously donated its historical records to the Burton Historical Collection of the Detroit Public Library. The library is located at 5201 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202. Please visit or contact the Detroit Public Library for more information.

A brief history of the Society was written 2001 by Fred Dunbar Wessels.

You may read his writing by accessing the file below.
History of St. Andrew's Society of Detroit: 1849 to 2000 by Fred Dunbar Wessels.

For a downloadable Brochure: click here

Copyright 2013 Detroit Scots - All rights reserved.